Wander Management Solutions
In residential aged care facilities there are many factors that may influence residents to wander. These include:
- Inactivity/boredom – lack of activity may lead the person to wander around looking for something to do.
- Loneliness – wandering may be a substitute for social interaction.
- Staff giving extra attention to ‘disruptive’ behaviour.
- Loss of personal possessions and mementos.
- Unhelpful surroundings and inadequate building design (no area for residents to safely wander).
- Care regimes and routines (inconsistency in routine and staff).
- Special problems at night (e.g.: routinely putting everyone to bed after tea).
Our Wander Management and Elopement system uniquely combines the industry’s most accurate RTLS (Real-Time Location System) with a proven resident and patient safety and security system:
Long-term Care Resident Security – Empower residents with a feeling of control and freedom while ensuring their safety and security. Residents can pass through designated access points (e.g. to reach a common area), while others remain secured and protected within different areas.
Acute Care Wander Management – Protect patients from accessing restricted areas while allowing access to common areas. Patients can reach communal space, while remaining secured and protected from wandering to restricted areas.
- Freedom to interact with others
- Ability to use facility’s resources without sense of “lock-down
- Safety from wandering into dangerous areas
- Flexibility to adjust rules
- Access at the individual level
- Customizable by severity (high-risk vs. low-risk patients)
- Becomes the first line of defense
- Enables quick response to wandering
- Increase resident security
- Reduce wandering and flight risk
- Provide peace of mind to residents and families
- Increase resident satisfaction